Subject: Query Range
Date: Mon, 08 Dec 2003 11:23:28 -0600
From: Mike Blezien <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: MySQL List <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

Hello,

been trying to figure out the correct SQL query to get
percentage from a table that list a Min, and Max., price
range and the percentage associated to the range.

Here is the current data in the table:
1 0.00 4999.00 13.0
2 5000.00 9999.00 12.5
3 10000.00 14999.00 12.0
4 15000.00 19999.00 11.0
5 20000.00 99999.00 10.0

Table structure:
commisid smallint(3) NOT NULL auto_increment,
min decimal(6,2) NOT NULL default '0.00',
max decimal(6,2) NOT NULL default '0.00',
percentage decimal(2,1) NOT NULL default '0.0',
PRIMARY KEY  (commisid)

So if I wanted to get the percentage for a price of 500.00 I
would like to query the data to find where the 500.00 is
equal or greater then the 'min' and less or equal to the
'max' giving me the percentage value.

I have tried 'select percentage from table_name where
               min >= 500.00 and max <= max;

but that renders no results.... is there a query to
accomplish this or should I setup my table structure
differently. ??

TIA