i think you can because the dump file is a sql file and it is universal for both
exception that mysql hasn't subselects. If you havent subselects it should work

Matthew Stanfield <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:Hi,

I've been using postgres for a while but have today taken the plunge and
installed MySQL 4.0.16 on my Linux box. It's all now working perfectly.

Is there a simple way of copying a postgres database to MySQL? I was hoping
that postgres's backup 'pg_dump' utility (which dumps a database into a
text file in such a format that it can be easily recreated) might be
compatible with MySQL's backup and restore facilities.

Any advice or web pointers would be greatly appreciated. --Note that this
is for my own personal use and not for a company so I'm not looking for
expensive commercial software to do this.

Thanks and regards,

..matthew