I'm new to MySQL, so this might be a stupid question/problem, but I
can't figure out the answer:  I'm trying to install the Popper webmail
client on my web server.  I'm following the instructions exactly.  It
told me to log in to the mysql console with "mysql -u root -p" and then
"create database popper", which I did.   It then said to

GRANT insert, update, select, delete, alter, drop, create ON popper.*
   TO [EMAIL PROTECTED] IDENTIFIED BY 'theuserpassword';

I changed the [EMAIL PROTECTED] to [EMAIL PROTECTED] and the
'theuserpassword' to an appropriate password, but whenever I switch to
the mysql user account and mysql -p popper and put the specified
password in, it gives me a

ERROR 1045: Access denied for user: '[EMAIL PROTECTED]@localhost' (Using
password: YES)

I've even tried mysql [EMAIL PROTECTED] -p and it gives me the same
error.  What am I doing wrong?

-Michael Sullivan-