I have a database table that has one row entered every day by the user.
If the user skips a day, it throws off our monthly totals.  Assume a
table with four columns:

id (which is the key), date (yyyy-mm-dd), data1 (int), data2 (int)

Is there a way to say "Select the first missing date in the last 30
days from this table"?

I know I can select all the rows, ordered by date, and loop through
them with PHP to look for first one that's missing.  But that seems
inefficient.  And I know that once in place, in theory there should
never be any more missing dates if I just grab the max date and add one.
 But I don't want to do that.  I want the page to be SURE there are no
missing dates in the last 30 days.

Thanks,
Mark

As of November 1st, 2003, Brandywine Senior Care's Corporate Office new contact
information is:

Brandywine Senior Care, Inc.
525 Fellowship Road
Suite 360
Mt. Laurel, NJ 08054
(856) 813-2000 Phone
(856) 813-2020 Fax

This e-mail and any of its attachments may contain Brandywine Senior Care, Inc.
proprietary information, which is privileged, confidential, or subject to copyright
belonging to Brandywine Senior Care, Inc.
This e-mail is intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to which it is
addressed.  If you are not the intended recipient of this e-mail, you are hereby
notified that any dissemination, distribution, copying, or action taken in relation to
the contents of and attachments to this e-mail is strictly prohibited and may be
unlawful.  If you have received this e-mail in error, please notify the sender
immediately and permanently delete the original and any copy of this e-mail and any
printout. Thank You.