Randy Chrismon wrote:

Kim G. Pedersen wrote:

BUT
just a little hint , u sure it not ur _ (underscore) in table name which
is a kind of wildcard that give u trouble ??

This raises an interesting question. I wrote earlier about troubles with mismatch field count and missing field errors. I have both tables and fields that have under_scores in the name; although none of the primary key, not null, or foreign keys have under-score names (but the tables do). Now I'm wondering if the missing field or mismatched counts arises from this. Before I go back to re-design all my tables and re-write all my code ;-< can anyone tell me whether this, in fact, might be the problem?

I should say that the code I'm using has connector classes so I'm not writing native SQL statements. Rather, I'm defining field list objects, which contain field objects, which have values set, then executing the update method of the connection object, etc. etc.

Thanks.

Randy

Being the impatient sort, I went ahead and stripped all the under scores from both my tables and my code. Didn't help
I simply cannot insert the first record because of this missing field error. I have quadruple checked the tables and the code and everything matches up. I strongly suspect that the error description does not match the actual error.

Oh well.

Randy