"MySQL only supports one master and many slaves. Later we will add a
voting algorithm to automatically change master if something goes wrong
with the current master. We will also introduce ``agent'' processes to
help do load balancing by sending SELECT queries to different slaves."

http://www.mysql.com/doc/en/Replication_Features.html

--
http://www.johnleach.co.uk