Mark Matthews wrote:

Greg G wrote:

I'm still having trouble figuring this out. Please help!

I compiled MySQL 4.1.1 --with-openssl --with-vio and when I look at the
variables with mysqladmin, "has_openssl" is set to "NO". I've got
OpenSSL 0.9.7c installed. I'm seeing this on both Solaris and Debian
hosts. I'm not seeing any errors during the configure or compile phases.

What could have happened to cause this, and how can I fix it?

Did you create certificates and configure mysqld and the client libraries to find them (as it says to in the manual :))?

http://www.mysql.com/doc/en/Secure_connections.html

According to 4.4.10.2 Requirements, have_openssl must be YES prior to setting up certificates. Is this in error?

-Greg G