At 14:06 +0100 12/11/03, N L wrote:
Hello

I am having difficulties:
I am working on Mac OSX 10.2.8 with mysql 4.
I needed to change the data directory  of MySQL from
its original
place (where the application have to be and not the
databases because
there is not enought room) to an other volume of my
computer.
I made a symlink from data to data in the other volume
and not anymore
as it was to var in the same volume before. I copied

If the original data directory was named "var", then the symlink also should be named "var", even if it now points to a directory named "data".

all files and
directories of var in this new directory -data-. I
changed with mysql
mysql all this file and directories (group and owner).
And I made :
create database X;
ERROR 1006: Can't create database 'X'. (errno: 13)

I hope what I explain is clear!

What did I forget ?
Do I have to put also var in this new other directory?
Do I have to reinstall completly MySQL because I
corrupted to much
this application?

I am lost.

Could anyone help me?