At 14:42 -0400 12/12/03, Victor Medina wrote:
Hi guys!

I am facing some problems trying to login user to the data base server
using --any-- client(except the mysql cli) to the server. Users using no
password does not seems to have any problems.

It happens that when a client tries to log into the db server using
passwords the server doesn't seems to authorize. Even the most recent
MyCC client fails to autorize users using passwords. Do I need to
compile the clients against the new server's library? The MyCC client
was linked againts the 4.0.16 server. was there any change in the
auth-protocol?

Indeed there was. This is mentioned in the "upgrading to 4.1" section in the manual. Some links you may want to check out:

http://www.mysql.com/doc/en/Upgrading-from-4.0.html http://www.mysql.com/doc/en/Upgrading-grant-tables.html http://www.mysql.com/doc/en/Password_hashing.html

--
Paul DuBois, Senior Technical Writer
Madison, Wisconsin, USA