I have a database I'm using  for a MMORPG (well, it isn't very
MM because I'm something of a  noob), and I have a few questions about
indexing.  I  am storing world data  in a database.  In  order to keep
everything as  swift as  possible, I have  indexed everything.   And I
really mean, everything -- a few dozen columns on a half dozen tables.

        My question  is, is this the  right way?  I  figure that since
the world  data won't  be changed  very often (once  I design  the map
that's going  to be it) the  increased time for  INSERTS won't matter,
because SELECTs  will be  very speedy.  But  I wanted to  double check
with this group  because the mySQL manual says that  a large number of
disk seeks will be *slower* with indexing than without.  I assume this
means INSERTs because INSERTs have to  be in order, and that since the
world data is only a few megs it won't be seeking at all but in RAM.

         Am I right?  I'd appreciate any comments.

Thanks in advance,

-Dan