At 18:10 -0600 12/14/03, Lenny Sorey wrote:
I am currently using MySQL 4.1 Win2K version along ODBC 3.5.1 Driver

I am having trouble using the following LOAD DATA INFILE to import a txt, comma delimited file into to a Mysql Table.

Actually the only problem is the date field loading into mysql 4.1.

I have defined the field as a date, datetime and timestamp.

Where I am having trouble is the date in the second group below. I am receiving the information as
"12/06/2003". All fields load fine with the exception of the "12/06/2003" field.

MySQL expects dates to be formatted in year-month-day order. If you check the values that you think loaded successfully, my guess is that you will find they didn't really.

All I get is is 0000-00-00 00:00:00 for the value of this field.

Can anyone point me to the right direction on how I can successfully load the date with the "12/06/2003" format without
getting 0000-00-00 00:00:00 everytime.

Thanks for your help and time.

Lenny Sorey

--