I have scoured the archives and reconfigured my.ini with:
Set-variable = local-infile=1

I have tried it on the command line too—and still I get “the dreaded
"command not valid for this version of MySQL" error.
I am using:
WinXP Pro/IIS
MyODBC driver 3.51
MySQL 3.23.58  - I can’t go to 4 but the problem is still the same. I didn’t
see a fix for it there.
I have read the link in the docs:
http://www.mysql.com/doc/en/LOAD_DATA_LOCAL.html

I found one curious post that I could not try all of because I did not know
what it meant which *seemed* to identify the problem:
“You need to add 65536 to your option value in the connection string.
This will instruct the ODBC driver to apply any settings per C:\my.cnf file.
Furthermore, you will need either a [client] or [odbc] section in the my.cnf
file.
Within that section you will need a line that sets local-infile=1”
I confess I do not know what the first instruction is but, so far, I have
not been able to LOAD OR do a mysqulimport without getting the same error.
Past including the variable line in my.ini I was not able to find anything
else in the archives.
Any other ideas… I’m sure it has to do with the ODBC—I think.
Thanks,
Anne
Toronto, Ont.