I tried with option "./configure --with-apxs2=/usr/local/apache2/bin/apxs
--with-mysql" as suggested that php might find mysql libraries on it's own.

It has not given any error.
Let me check whether I can connect to mysql using php.

Thanks for support.

Duncan Hill <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
On Tuesday 16 December 2003 13:43, ads mysql wrote:

> php-4.3.4]# ./configure --with-apxs2=/usr/local/apache2/bin/apxs --with-
> mysql=/var/lib/mysql
>
> It gives error "configure: error: Cannot find MySQL header files under
> /var/lib/mysql"
> what should I put in "--with-mysql=/var/lib/mysql"

On the assumption this is an RPM install of MySQL, I'd suggest trying
--with-mysql=/usr

Btw, it's a generally accepted thing that PHP + Apache2 don't always play
nice.