Yes, Matthew, the response to my original query here has been almost overwhelming, far
surpassing what I had expected.

Yes, you certainly "all deserve a pat on the back".

Thanks to everyone who took the time to respond.  This has proven to be a useful short
cut to ascertaining some of  strengths and weaknesses of the various Open Source DB
offerings.

Jerry Apfelbaum
Toronto

1