From: Jonck van der Kogel ([EMAIL PROTECTED])
Subject: Detecting locks (using connector/j)
This is the only article in this thread
Newsgroups: mailing.database.mysql
Date: 2003-12-17 06:32:44 PST

Hi everybody,
I am having a hard time finding any info on this subject, so I was
hoping maybe one of you could give me some pointers.
I am writing an application in Java that uses Connector/J to interface
with a MySQL database with InnoDB tables. When user #1 opens a certain
recordset I am locking this recordset in share mode. Therefore if user
#2 selects the same recordset (and thus placing a lock as well) user
#1 will not be able to update the recordset.
Is there a way to detect this, and thus making it possible to inform
user #1 that an update is currently not possible due to another lock?
Thanks very much for any help, Jonck