Hi all,

I am curious to know if the query times I'm seeing are reasonable or not.
Here's my situation:
I am using a database to keep up with web statistics. The table is currently growing at about 2 million records a day. The sample table I am working with has right at 4 million rows.
When I execute the query below, it takes approximately 8.5 seconds to return. Is this reasonable? Because the way I see it, this time is going to get out of control after a week, or month, or year.

SELECT DATE_FORMAT(time, "%Y-%m-%d %H:%i") AS date,
SUM(sbytes) AS bytes
FROM log
GROUP BY date
ORDER BY date

Here is some info about my system: Single Processor Intel Xenon 3.06GHz, 1 GB RAM, RAID 0 SCSI 15K RPM running MySQL ver 11.18 distrib 3.23.58 on RedHat 9.
My table currently looks like this: 3 unsigned ints, 4 char(100), 1 char(15), and a datetime column. I am not using a primary key or indexes.

I'm positive a better table design will drastically improve query time. My concern is the rate at which the time grows. Can someone who has worked with a table of this size let me know what kind of times I should be expecting.

Any information you guys can provide will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Dan