Hey all,

I'm trying to dump the structure of a database using:

mysqldump -d myDatabase > structure.sql

Which works fine in getting the table create statements, but, how do i get
mysqldump to put the creates in an order that will allow replication with
foreign key concerns.

For instance if i have tables as follow:
CREATE TABLE Parent (
        Parent_ID INT NOT NULL PRIMARY KEY AUTO_INCREMENT,
)Type= InnoDB;

CREATE TABLE Child (
        Child_ID ...,
        Parent_ID INT NOT NULL,
        FOREIGN KEY (Parent_ID) REFERENCES Parent (Parent_ID) ON DELETE CASCADE
)Type=InnoDB;

Etc.

Mysqldump may dump the create statement for table Child before dumping the
create statement for Parent. Then, when re-creating the database, i get
errors, because the create for table Child references the foreign key in the
table parent, which has not yet been created.

I swear that i've seen a solution to this somewhere, but for the life of me i
have not been able to find the answer (now that i need it)

Thanks much,
sean peters
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

filter fodder: mysql, query