Hi,

I've recently been having some problems with mySQL on one of my OS X computers. It was working perfectly until I upgraded from OS 10.2.6 to OS 10.2.8, and now mysqld refuses to start up, showing the following

----------
[EMAIL PROTECTED] mysql]$ sudo ./bin/mysqld_safe
Starting mysqld daemon with databases from /usr/local/mysql/data
031220 01:08:05  mysqld ended

[EMAIL PROTECTED] mysql]$
----------

The error log shows the following:

031220 01:08:05 mysqld started
031220 1:08:05 Can't start server : Bind on unix socket: Permission denied
031220 1:08:05 Do you already have another mysqld server running on socket: /tmp/mysql.sock ?
031220 1:08:05 Aborting

I've tried reinstalling mySQL, I've repaired permissions, I've also done some fairly radical things with permissions, but to no avail. If anyone has any suggestions, I'd be incredibly grateful.

I'm running mySQL (standard) 4.1.1a for MacOS X, running under MacOS 10.2.8.

Thanks for any help,

-Jon