* [EMAIL PROTECTED] aka Delmar
> I am using mysql 3.23.58-max. Want to create database
> Entered
>
> mysql>CREATE DATABASE[IF NOT EXISTS]  db_anyname
> ------------
> ---------
>
> it gives me response of too many paramaters. Can anyone advice, please.

What exactly did you enter? The square brackets (the "[" and "]" characters)
denote an optional part of the statement. It means you can enter either:

CREATE DATABASE db_anyname

  or

CREATE DATABASE IF NOT EXISTS db_anyname

The first statement will give an error if the database allready exists, the
second will not. Both statements will create a database if it does not
allready exist.

--
Roger