Will Lowe wrote:

Select User_Account from Users as a, Devices as b
WHERE
a.User_Account = (Select DISTINCT(b.Device_Account) from b.Devices
                              WHERE b.Device_Name LIKE  'HP%' )

I'm running 3.23.49 which I know is not the most current..it was installed

3.x does not support subselects ("select x from (select y from ...)").
You'll need to upgrade to 4.1.

But 4.1 is alpha, so he may not want to do that (though it would be a good idea to upgrade to 3.23.58 or 4.0.17). In that case, the solution is to replace the subselect with a join, which may even be more efficient. Try:

SELECT User_Account FROM Users AS a, Device_Name from Devices AS b
WHERE a.User_Account = b.Device_Account
AND b.Device_Name LIKE  'HP%'

See <http://www.mysql.com/doc/en/Rewriting_subqueries.html> for more.

Michael