Hi,

I am currently working on a web application(USING JSP AND JAVA) that uses microsoft sql server 7.0 as the database.
I have decided to use MySql4.0 as the database. I have been able to successfully create
the database schema in mysql and it is
the same as the ms sql server 7.0 database. Apache tomcat 4.0 is the application server.
Upon server startup, I can connect to the blank MYSQL database with some default data that I have input into
the database.

With microsoft sql server 7.0, I can specify a url that allows me to obtain a list of databases. The
url is as follows:

<!--sDataServerURL>jdbc:inetdae:163.141.54.233:1433?sql7=true</sDataServerURL-->

In the java code, I can write a sql string that allows me to retrieve a list of databases
with a certain prefix and display them in a drop down list
dynamically on the jsp. On the user interface, the user has an option to select a database,
enter a user name and password. The user is validated an allowed access into the system.

How can I establish the same scenario using mysql. What I can do at present is connect to one database
but I would like to use the web app. to display a list of available mysql databases on the jsp page and
allow the user to select a database and be granted access into the system.

What is the url I can use to allow me to dynamically retrieve a list of mysql databases running
on a particular IP address and upon selecting one, the user can log into the database.

If you require samples of code, or additional info. please let me know.

Thank you.
Dale Goolcharan.