Hi there,

This subject might be discussed before, but I couldn't find any mail from the archives.

I have a table containing weather reports of different types and cities. The structure is following:
- type
- city
- time
- report

Which kind of query should I use to select the latest reports of specified cities. I mean, if I had three different types of reports for Helsinki and Turku, how can I get them all in one query?

One way is to make two queries: first to get the latest report time for each type/city...
SELECT MAX(time) FROM reports WHERE city IN ('Helsinki', 'Turku') AND type IN ('Observation', 'Forecast 1', 'Forecast 2') GROUP BY type, city;
... and then another query getting the report text for each time and city and type.

Anyway I find this not very good one and now wondering if there is any other way to make it in one query...

Thanks for any help. :)

Ville