From: Noamn [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Friday, December 26, 2003 8:22 AM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: mySQL in Hebrew

Does anyone have any experience of working with mySQL in Hebrew?

The front end to my database is written in Delphi/Windows; it transmits
Hebrew characters and displays Hebrew characters. The backend is in
mySQL/Linux, and what was Hebrew appears in English characters. The only
problem which I have with this is that almost every table has a 'name'
index, and the names aren't sorted in the correct order.

I had a quick glance at the documentation regarding internationalisation and
didn't completely understand it, so I am asking for help. Would it be a good
idea to build a translation table, ie 'aleph' = 'a' and comes first in the
sorting order? What about numbers and English names?