Well now, this is interesting. The agent mentione previously ran
flawlessly for a couple of weeks. The day I left for Christmas
vacation, I started getting the lock wait timeout error. The
difference? I altered the table to include a foreign key constraint.
Not sure how this could possibly be the issue but when I dropped the
foreign key constraint, the agent worked perfectly. I'm still at a
loss as to why this problem happened. I'm using INNODB tables in
MySQL
4.0.16. It looks like the one record which timed out was being
updated
and the referenced record and field values existed. In addition, I
had
already updated 26,000 records so I can't figure out what's wrong
with
this one particular record.
Any thoughts appreciated.

Randy