Hi, I have several simple questions regarding creating
tables in the MySQL.

1. For a variable of Java primitive int type, I should
use INT or INTEGER? Do I have to specify the length of
the field?
CREATE TABLE message_thread( thread_id INT or INTEGER
NOT NULL AUTO_INCREMENT PRIMARY KEY);

2. A field in my table is for storing articles.
Articles could be very long in variable length. I
should use VARCHAR or TEXT? What about the length of
the field?

3. For a variable of the Timestamp type, do I specify
CREATE TABLE message_thread( thread_creation_date
TIMESTAMP NOT NULL );
What about the length of the field?

Thanks for your advices in advance.