on 1/1/04 9:59 PM, Schulman, Michael wrote:

> That only returns one number.. what we are really looking for is something
> like
>
> SELECT ticker, hour, first(price), last(price) from pricedata group by hour

Well, if you're using MySQL 4.1+, you're in luck. A subquery should help.

SELECT ticker, HOUR(time) AS hour, price FROM pricedata WHERE time IN (SELECT
MIN(time), MAX(time) FROM pricedata WHERE HOUR(time) = HOUR(pickatime) )

If you have an older version, simply split it up into two queries and use your
middle/front end to handle the intermediate result

--
Bob
IQ2GI5SCP2

Things You Don't Hear Every Day, #'s 16 and 17:
A professor: "It's all right if you come to class high."
A(nother) professor: "I think base 16 is cool."