On Wed, 31 Dec 2003 19:19:32 -0800 (PST), Caroline Jen
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

>Hi, I tried to create a table.  This table has
>seventeen fields.  My create table syntax gets too
>long and I was only able to specify 5 fields at the
>mysql prompt in the DOS window (DOS does not accept a
>command beyond certain length).  How do I put the rest
>12 fields in the table I just created?
>
>mysql>CREATE TABLE message_thread (thread_id INTEGER
>NOT NULL AUTO_INCREMENT PRIMARY KEY, message_receiver
>VARCHAR(79) NOT NULL, message_sender VARCHAR(79) NOT
>NULL, article_title VARCHAR(255) NOT NULL,
>last_post_member_name VARCHAR(79) NOT NULL);
Caroline,

Maybe you should be putting long sql statements into an external
script eg

$ mysql -D mydb  -u test -ptest < create_table.sql

zzapper (vim & cygwin & zsh)
--

vim -c ":%s/^/WhfgTNabgureRIvzSUnpxre/|:%s/[R-T]/ /Ig|:normal ggVGg?"

http://www.vim.org/tips/tip.php?tip_id=305  Best of Vim Tips