Hi,
I'd recommend you PHP 4.3.2 or newer, if you're already using 4.3.0. Latest
stable should be 4.3.4, see www.php.net . Upgrading is described there,
depends on you type of installation (Apache module/CLI/CGI).

Latest MySQL of 3.23 series is 3.23.57 or so, don't know exactly, see
www.mysql.com . But I recently upgraded to 4.0 series (on Win2k and a Linux
testbox) and had no problems with it. So changing this to 4.0.17 (latest
stable 4.0 release) should be OK. Also, upgrade should be documented there,
I don't know how this is done on MacOS. On Linux, you'd need to stop the
daemon, copy in the new program, run an update script and re-start it again.

And I personally don't use phpMyAdmin any more, but from 2.5 on, there were
all new features and all new (and old) bugs... Here, upgrading is just as
simple as deleting the old directory and replacing it by what you can
download from www.phpmyadmin.net . PMA is MySQL 4.0 ready.

--
Yves Goergen
[EMAIL PROTECTED]