First, you're in a MySQL list.  This is not the place to ask questions about perl.
Write to a perl list or a redhat list.

I'll answer your questions the best I can, but if you have other questions, don't post
them here, go to the right list.

I think many perl modules are available via rpm.  Get apt from http://apt.freshrpms.net

do a
apt-get update
apt-get upgrade

then when you are looking for a package use apt-cache

apt-cache search query

ex:

apt-cache search perl-DBI

another thing:

you can install perl modules using cpan.

get perl-cpan by doing

apt-get install perl-CPAN

then have a look here http://www.brandonhutchinson.com/installing_perl_modules.html

For your last question: you can _usually_ wait until you need the module to install it.

hth
Ugo