# [EMAIL PROTECTED] / 2004-01-05 13:49:17 +0200:
> I'm running MySQL 4.0.17 on FreeBSD machine. i have one process which rarely
> uses Mysql DB, and few postfix processes which uses db for authorizaton. In
> `top` i see that mysql process usually eats 40-50% +/-20. `mytop` show ~5
> sleeping processes and 1 SHOW PROCESSLIST (it's me).
> So, who eats my server resources? because i see how the server going slow.

    It might be the well known threading issue. Try running the server
    with --skip-name-resolve or recompile it, linking with LinuxThreads.

    Then again, it might be something else. I've always seen the mysqld
    process climb near to 100% CPU utilization as a result of this
    problem.