Thanks for the pointers.  I forgot to mention I had looked the on-line
MySQL documents about 'drop table' before I posted my questions.
Unfortunately, neither the previous discussions on the subject nor the
document provided the anwsers I've been looking for. Enumerating all the
tables to be dropped is not acceptable to us.  Thanks anyway.

Bing