Hi,

I am trying to port a postgreSQL database to mysql. I am really not that
familiar with postgreSQL so I need some help. It seems that in postgreSQL
one may defin auto-increment fields called sequences. Typical snippet I
have is this:

=====
create sequence service_action_seq;

drop table if exists service_type_action;
create table service_type_action
(
        service_action_id int default nextval('service_action_seq'),
        service_type_name text,
-- etc.
=====

I've not used the auto_increment feature much in mysql, which I assume is
the analogue, so since I need to get this ported asap can any of you who
know postgreSQL _please_  point me to some good examples of comparisons or
(even better) tell me about any gotchas? Thanks in Advance!!

Cheers,

Jeff