On Wed, 2004-01-07 at 10:38, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
> Hi all,
> does anyone know if it's possible to compile MySQL under Linux so that
> mysqld doesn't rely upon LinuxThreads, but makes direct call to fork()
> or clone() system calls instead?

As far as I know and can tell from reading docs, Linux's pthread
implementation DOES use clone to create threads.  In most cases, pthread
is a wrapper around whatever threading services the host system
provides.

> I'm looking for a way to avoid the exploitation of pthreads under
> Linux.

Why wouldn't you want to use an industry standard threading model?

--
Andy Bakun <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>