Greetings,

We're trying to migrate an application from MS SQL Sever 2000 to MySQL
5.0.  Choosing version 5.0 of MySQL is because its support of stored
procedure is needed.  We have a stored procedure doing something as shown
below on the MS SQL Server 2000:

IF NOT EXISTS (SELECT statement)
  {sql_statement | statement_block}
[ELSE
  {sql_statement | statement_block}

I was not able to get it work on MySQL due to a syntax error on 'if not
exists'.
I've checked the 'flow control constructs' section in MySQL documentation
but did not find very detailed info other than some very basic 'if'
syntax.  How does MySQL do 'if not exists' to check if the SELECT
statement returns no rows ?

Thanks in advance for any help and ideas,

Bing