Hassan Shaikh wrote:

How do I generate a GUID (Globally Unique Identifier) under MySQL on Linux. I am doing it under Win32 using one of the documented Win32 API but I want to do it on a Linux platform?

Do you need a GUID or would a UUID be alright too? (128 bit identifier just like GUID, guaranteed not to collide with GUIDs, but uses a different string representation.)

If a UUID suffices, the PostgreSQL uniqueidentifier datatype might be a good starting point to writing your own function:
ftp://gborg.postgresql.org/pub/uniqueidentifier/stable/uniqueidentifier-0.2.tar.gz

Jochem

--
I don't get it
immigrants don't work