Hi!

----- Original Message -----
From: "robert_rowe" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Newsgroups: mailing.database.myodbc
Sent: Thursday, January 08, 2004 7:16 PM
Subject: Re: consistency checking InnoDB tables

> I had the same question a while back and I was told that InnoDB does this
automatically. There are no utilities that I could find.

CHECK TABLE tablename;

is the way to check an InnoDB table for consistency.

After a mysqld crash, you do not need to repair InnoDB type tables. The
automatic crash recovery of InnoDB returns them automatically to a
transaction-consistent state.

If an InnoDB table becomes corrupt, the way to 'repair' it is to dump, drop,
and reimport it. In cases of bad corruption you may need to resort to a
backup of your database, or dump all tables and recreate the whole InnoDB
tablespace (that is, the ibdata files and ib_logfiles).

If InnoDB's crash recovery crashes or its internal cleaning processes crash
because of database corruption, then you need to set

set-variable = innodb_force_recovery=...

in my.cnf to a value 1 ... 6. See
http://www.innodb.com/ibman.php#Forcing_recovery for details.

Best regards,

Heikki Tuuri
Innobase Oy
http://www.innodb.com
Foreign keys, transactions, and row level locking for MySQL
InnoDB Hot Backup - a hot backup tool for InnoDB which also backs up MyISAM
tables

Order MySQL technical support from https://order.mysql.com/