Hi,

> No, it´s not strange.
> Look the manual at http://www.mysql.com/doc/en/Silent_column_changes.html

Yes, it's documented. But it still is strage.

CHAR should, according to the SQL specification, pad any value
smaller than the defined number of characters with spaces when
it returns the value to the client. VARCHAR doesn't.

So yes, it's strange. But you just have to live with it. I guess.

With regards,

Martijn Tonies
Server.
Upscene Productions
http://www.upscene.com

> Best Regards
> ---
> Luciano Barcaro
> Depto. Informática - Laboratório Alvaro
>
> Hassan Shaikh wrote:
>
> >Hi,
> >
> >It's really strange but when I execute the following statement, all my
char(10) columns turn into varchar(10). My other tables are ok and I've
tried create dummy table also. Problem seems to be associated with this
table only.