You could do something like (don't copy and paste, this is just for you
to have an ideia - i didn't understand your calculations with 0.063 and
others...):

SELECT IF (metric="cm", expression_in_centimeters, expression_in_inches)
, ...other_fields....
FROM ...

where "metric" is the name of the table field which can have values "cm"
or "inches" (could be a ENUM, for example).