I have tried two ways of dumping data but it doesn't seem to be working.

One using the admin window with mysqldump dbname > dumptest.sql but I don't know if it has done anything because all it did was return to a new blank line. I can't find anywhere a file named dumptest.sql

The other way was to use MySQL-front by way of export, this did produce a file but when I come to import it again to ensure that the file is OK I got this error:

1064 - You have an error... ...near'()' at line 1.

I have looked on the MySQL site and it is a ER_PARSE_ERROR. I don't know what this means. When I exported and imported I just used the default settings that MySQL-front has to offer, I didn't select any other options that were available.

Line one of the sql document when opened in notepad is '# MySQL-Front Dump 2.5'. The first line of what I call sql is 'CREATE TABLE all_articles (' and the following is the first line of data to import:

INSERT INTO all_articles VALUES("1", "3", "2003-03-14 14:21:00", "2003-03-14 14:21:00", "N", "2003-03-14 00:00:00", "UNITED STATES: ALPA Applauds Senate Action", NULL, "The following statement was issued <b>Air Line Pilots Association (ALPA), International</b>, \'We applaud the action taken. (Tel: +0 000 000 000; web site: http://www.site.org/)", "1", "1");

I have removed what is basically a lot of text in one of the fields and left any bits that might be causing my problem.

Any help/suggestions is greatly appreciated.

Mat