Our server works with remote access just with 3306/tcp. Maybe it's something to do with what you are using to access mysql.

At 12:53 pm 1/13/2004, you wrote:
I am trying to allow someone to access our mysql server that is behind our firewall. If I open the firewall ports 3306-65000/tcp the person can get through. If I just try to open up the port 3306/tcp, they can not get through. Is there another port that I need to open also? I have tried 3306-3307/tcp but that wasn't it. Any help would be appreciated. I have also searched the web and could only find that it uses 3306 and 3307, but that sounded kind of weird to me.

Thanks
Steve

Eldon Ziegler
President