I have a shell script that is supposed to connect to a remote server running
MySql 3.23.53. It comes up with an error "ERROR 1045: Access denied for
user: '[EMAIL PROTECTED]' (Using password: YES)"

The script looks like this:
/usr/local/mysql/bin/mysql  --user=$username --password=$password
cetechnology -e \

That makes sense to me, I don't have permissions set correctly right for the
$username (hardware). I know the password is set correctly.

Then why am I able to connect to the server in the terminal with:
/usr/local/mysql/bin/mysql -h 204.xxx.xxx.xxx -u hardware -p cetechnology
And then enter my password.

What is the difference?

Mike Tuller