Hi!

On Jan 13, Joe Rhett wrote:
> > Not a bug.
> > In the manual, section "Upgrading from Version 3.23 to 4.0", there is
> >
> >    * To use `MATCH ... AGAINST (... IN BOOLEAN MODE)' with your tables,
> >      you need to rebuild them with `REPAIR TABLE table_name USE_FRM'.
>
> Based on a guess, or did you analyze the data file I sent?

Based on your data.
There is a ft_dump utility program that comes from source distribution.

I did

  ft_dump -d Notices 0|grep '\<\(control\|pollution\)\>' > log

then I noticed that entries are ordered by weight, not by rowid.
It is what was changed in 4.0 to make boolean search to work,
and it's what is fixed by `REPAIR TABLE table_name USE_FRM'

And of course I tried this myself before writing to you :)

> And if so, may I suggest that the upgrade documentation REALLY needs to
> be broken into sections?
>
> 1. Table changes
> 2. Privilege changes
> 3. Configuration changes
> 4. API/result changes

Yes, I agree. Not necesarily to these particular division, but to the
fact that our "upgrading" sections are difficult to follow.
I'm forwarding this request to our doc team.

Regards,
Sergei

--
  /  |/  /_ __/ __/ __ \/ /   Sergei Golubchik <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>