Steve,

This is on Server 2003 Enterprise Edition.  TCP/IP is installed, so I have
not a clue.  I know it should be using the IP address of the machine or the
Machine name instead.  Well At least I need it to function that way
eventually, cause this is for a client.

Chris L. White
Network Administrator
Coe-Truman Technologies, Inc.
Email: [EMAIL PROTECTED]

See the thread entitled "mysql database, user table, two root accounts"

I posted a question about the difference between localhost and 127.0.0.1
Apparently, mysql see's localhost and uses the unix socket. Any other
name forces it to use TCP/IP.
Perhaps your server doesn't have TCP/IP enabled? (Can you see anything
listening on port 3306?)

HTH
Steve.