What kind of my.cnf file are you using with that setup?

--
Adam Goldstein
White Wolf Networks

On Jan 8, 2004, at 2:48 PM, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

We moved our main production server to a dual opteron last night, running SuSE 9.0 x86_64 (kernel 2.4.21), and the binaries mysql offer for mysql4 work great.

The only hitches doing the change were between the chair and the desk.
MYD/MYI/frm are all binary compatible, and the server speed is awesome
mostly down to all that extra memory bandwidth over our previous intel
box.

If anyone else is wondering whether linux+mysql is stable enough on
64bit, well, at least for us, it is. (so far - touch wood). Both kernel
and server feel solid. The server handles 2000 questions per second, 150
mysqld processes, and about 400 tables, from 6gb in size down, in a 20gb
database. So far it appears to be about 4x faster than then 1.4ghz
pentium IIIs it replaced, but with other advantages as well, not the
least of which is the 16gb of memory the motherboard now has!

-J.