Hi Gurus,
        I'm currently building an application which is expected
to take very high loads. What the app does is essence is
to 'log' and incoming entry into MySQL, do something then updates
the 'log' entry.

        To test MySQL in handling high load, I used siege
on another server to send 1000 HTTP GET requests to my php
script which then does as described above. The results that I'm
getting is not encouraging as it seems that MySQL is not able
to capture the 1000 entries.

        I've tried doing some of the tuning from the net but so
far to no avail. Does anyone know what is the critical tuning method
needed for MySQL to be able to handle loads like this?

Thank you very much!