I have created a sql statement that enables me to select all entries in to MySQL that are dated today, I am trying to do the same for all items that are now one day old and also two days old etc

I am doing this:

SELECT *
FROM table
WHERE category = 3 AND show = 1 AND date = NOW()-1

I have it working for todays records, it filters out any that don't match todays date or NOW(), but it still returns the same records for NOW()-1, or NOW()-2. I have tried DATE() but this gives me an error.

What is the correct syntax for what I am trying to achieve?

Thanks.

Mat