Hassan Shaikh wrote:

Hi,

I've inserted the following currecy sumbols in my table (structure mentioned below). All symbols are displayed properly when I do select, expect for the Euro symbol, which just shows a question mark (?). Any idea why is it behaving like that? I am using MySQL 4.0.17 on Windows XP Pro. My production server is Linux based.

The euro symbol displayed correctly in your e-mail and in the list of mail items
in my inbox (I'm using Mozilla/W2K) so this must, almost certainly, be a problem
with the "locale" of your XP Pro set up - most probably you're using a font that
doesn't include this symbol, you may also have set up the system with unusual
national settings - try telling it you're in the UK or Germany or Italy.

€ Euro

¥ Yen

£ Pound Sterling

$ Dollar

| Field    | Type                           | Null | Key | Default | Extra |
| CYRANK   | decimal(3,0) unsigned zerofill |      |     | 999     |       |
| CYSYMBOL | varchar(5)                     | YES  |     |         |       |
| CYNAME   | varchar(50)                    |      |     |         |       |
| CYCODE   | char(3)                        |      | PRI |         |       |

Thanks.

Hassan