Donald Henson said:
> On Fri, 2004-01-16 at 17:05, Bryan Koschmann - GKT wrote:
>> Hello,
>>
>> I run an ISP where our web customers have access to the MySQL server.
>> When they want a database, they request it through me and I add it. I
>> was just curious if this is the common way it is done, or if there is
>> a safe way they can add their own?
>>
>> Thanks,
>>
>>      Bryan
>
> That's the way my ISP does it. Of course, that doesn't make it right.
> :-)
>
> Don Henson

I too run an ISP and normally run it that way.  We have one customer who
can use a web page to create databases so they meet certain criteria, but
giving direct create and destroy rights to our customers is a bit of a
security hole IMHO.  And yes the web page is on a secured server.

William R. Mussatto, Senior Systems Engineer
Ph. 909-920-9154 ext. 27
FAX. 909-608-7061