Hi all,

I've got strange thing with my UDF.
My UDF receives 2 text columns as parameters - fields of type "text" (protein or nucleo sequences). It makes by pair comparison and the result is char* - set of output sequences (aligned).
Input table is seqTbl:
id | seq_type | seq

For example, I run my UDF with nucleo chains: SELECT pairalign (q1.seq, q2.seq) from seqTbl as q1, seqTbl as q2 where q1.seq_type = "nucl" and q2.seq_type = "nucl".
It works ok.
After I run it with protein sequences: SELECT pairalign (q1.seq, q2.seq) from seqTbl as q1, seqTbl as q2 where q1.seq_type = "prot" and q2.seq_type = "prot". The result is ok, also.
But when I run the first SELECT again, the results are different (incorrect).
They are incorrect even if I exit mysql and then run it again.
I have to drop my UDF, exit mysql, run it again and create function again to get the same, correct results for my first SELECT.

What's going on?
Looking forward for your answers...

Thanks.