I think you can just put the alias after the field like so,

select id,author,date_format(entrydate,'%d %m %y') ArticleDate, SectionId,Title,Summary...

On Monday, January 19, 2004, at 02:16 PM, Ian O'Rourke wrote:

Regarding the following query:

SELECT ID,Author,DATE_FORMAT(EntryDate,'%d %m
%y'),SectionID,Title,Summary,Content  FROM articles
ORDER BY EntryDate
DESC LIMIT 10

Okay, I've looked in the manually up and down, as I know how to do it in
Access, but I can't find it. I want to set an expression so I can give the
Date_Format function a handy name - so it returns the name of the column as
ArticleDate, for instance.

I'm missing something simple :)